The Offering of the People:
The Lord (to Moses): Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that gives it willingly with his heart you shall take my offering. And this is the offering which you shall take of them;
• gold, and silver, and brass
• blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen
• goats’ hair, And rams’ skins dyed red, and badgers’ skins
• shittim wood
• Oil for the light
• spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense
• Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I show you, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments of it, even so shall you make it.
The Ark of the Covenant:
• They shall make an ark of shittim wood:
• two cubits and a half shall be the length of it (a cubit is 18 inches), and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height of it.
• overlay it with pure gold, inside and outside you shall overlay it
• make on it a crown of gold round about
• cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners of it; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it. And you shall
• make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold. And you shall put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.
• put into the ark the testimony which I shall give you.
• Make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it.
• make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shall you make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubims on the two ends of it. And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
• And you shall put the mercy seat above upon the ark;
• In the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you. And there I will meet with you, and I will commune with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.
Table for the Showbread:
• make a table of shittim wood:
• Two cubits shall be the length of it, and one cubit shall be the breadth of it, and one and a half cubits shall be the height of it.
• Overlay it with pure gold
• Make a crown of gold round about.
• Make for it a border of a hand’s breadth round about it
• Make a golden crown to the border of it round about it
• Make for it four rings of gold, and put the rings in the four corners that are on the four feet of it. Over against the border shall the rings be for places of the staves to bear the table.
• Make the staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold, that the table may be carried with them.
• Make the dishes of it, and spoons of it, and covers of it, and bowl of it, to cover withal: of pure gold shall you make them.
• Set on the table showbread before me always.
• Make a candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work.
• His shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
• Six branches shall come out of the sides of it; Three branches of the candlestick out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side:
• Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower: so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick. And in the candlestick shall be four bowls made like unto almonds, with their knops and their flowers. And there shall be a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches that proceed out of the candlestick. Their knops and their branches shall be of the same: all it shall be one beaten work of pure gold.
• Make the seven lamps of it: and they shall light the lamps of it, that they may give light over against it.
• And the tongs of it, and the snuffdishes of it, shall be of pure gold.
• He shall make it of a talent of pure gold, with all these vessels.
And take care that you make them after their pattern, which was showed to you in the mount.